Re: In his own words

> Actually, nobody taught me the banana example.  I thought about it when
> I was a kid and you're the first person I've ever told that thought to.

Hmmm.  Really?  Your "banana example" sounds suspiciously like the following
bit of propaganda which has been included in Creationist pamphlets for years,
& was reprinted in Richard Dawkins' book CLIMBING MOUNT IMPROB-
ABLE (page 258).  It reads:

Note that the banana:

1. Is shaped for human hand
2. Has non-slip surface
3. Has outward indicators of inward contents:  Green - too early;
   Yellow - just right; Black - too late
4. Has a tab for removal of wrapper
5. Is perforated on wrapper
6. Biodegradable wrapper
7. Is shaped for mouth
8. Has a point at top for ease of entry
9. Is pleasing to taste buds
10. Is curved towards the face to make eating process easy.

What a strange coincidence, huh?  Perhaps you're psychic, as well, Jon.

> Whether it was genetically helped by man to make them better tasting or
> not, it was still created originally. The basic plant was there to breed.

Don't skirt the issue, Jon.  You (and others) claim God made bananas as
they are today for the benefit of humans.  A quick bit of research shows
that bananas *weren't* initially edible or beneficial to humans *until* hu-
mans began interbreeding various banana plants to produce edible ones
in great quantity.

Now you try to worm your way out by saying that "the basic plant was
there to breed."  When do you reach the point, Jon, when you simply give
up trying to bend your religious beliefs to fit current scientific understanding?
When will that light of truth pop on in your head & make you say, "You
know what?  Maybe I was mistaken."

- SCHRADE in Akron

The Council For Secular Humanism
http://www.secularhumanism.org/