Re: In his own words

> I've been thinking about you the last few days.

Not while sitting on the shitter, I hope.

> My wife received and quickly finished reading The De Vinci Code.  I
> have it next.   I'm anticipating that it will confirm all of my sus-
> picions over the last 33 years of my adult life and my catholic up-
> brining.
>
> Have you read this book?   I am almost considering not reading it be-
> cause it won't shed any light on the truth, it will just show me how
> fucked up organized religion is.   <Sigh>.

No, I haven't read it.  It's a fictional thriller, right?  I generally
read non-fiction books with only a smattering of fiction thrown in (Kafka
& O. Henry most recently).  Please let me know how it is.

> Ever read any Richard Dawkins?   He's the shit when it comes to defend-
> ing evolution!

You know it, baby!  So far, I've read THE BLIND WATCHMAKER & also CLIMB-
ING MOUNT IMPROBABLE.  Both good books, although he can get a bit too
technical at times.

If I may, here are a few recommendations of "free-thought" books I've
recently read:

SLEEPING WITH EXTRA-TERRESTRIALS by Wendy Kaminer

TOWER OF BABEL: The Evidence Against the New Creationism by Robert Pennock

FACES IN THE CLOUDS by Stewart Guthrie

WHY PEOPLE BELIEVE WEIRD THINGS by Michael Shermer

> I am psyched about Pete's recent interview.   There are many more good
> things in it than bad things.

I totally agree.  It's so obvious by his words that he is finally beyond
the "Oh, fuck!" initial reaction & is now able to discuss the matter
knowing his life hasn't been completely ruined.  Hopefully, this period
will lead to some interesting output & creativity.  Go, Pete, go!

- SCHRADE in Akron

The Council For Secular Humanism
http://www.secularhumanism.org/