Re: Who's Last

From: "Scott Schrade" <schrade@xxxxxxxxxxx>

"A Quick One" was edited down somewhat, from the studio version,
when played live.

I was going to mention that a while ago. Not only do they always shorten the song, but the part they leave out is the part where Ivor and the girl guide actually, uh, fornicate. (What's that Pete? I thought it was a little station outside of Chipping Ongar.) I think it makes the story a lot harder to follow if you don't know it already.

so, why take out that verse? It might save all of 30 seconds. I wonder if there was some pressure from someone because of the words? Probably not, given Pete's introduction at Leeds, but maybe there were some venues where "Take a sweet; come take a walk with me; we'll sort it out; back at my place, maybe..." was just a little too risque?

Jim M

Enjoy the holiday season with great tips from MSN. http://special.msn.com/network/happyholidays.armx