Re: ...what is everyones opinion of WHO's LAST?

It's a pretty pathetic live album by Who standards,
but it's not the work of the devil like some people
make it out to be.  Of course most people prefer live
material from the Seventies or late Sixties, but it's
a comparison of two vastly different musical eras.
You can't expect them to be the same.  It's like, to
use my second-favourite writer as an example,
comparing how I felt when reading one of Hermann
Hesse's later masterpieces like 'Steppenwolf' or
'Narcissus and Goldmund' to how I felt when reading
one of his less-memorable early books like 'Beneath
the Wheel' or 'Gertrude.'  Two different eras and
levels of greatness (or un-greatness) can't fairly be
compared.

I've just had my two-year anniversary for WL; if
anyone's interested they can read the transcription
when I get it up on my Who albums review page.  (I
really don't remember all of these dates off of the
top of my head despite my great memory; it's the
beauty of keeping journals that enables me to keep
track of when I first played all of these albums!)

=====
Anna U. Mormack
"Blessed are the sat upon, spat upon, ratted on/
"Oh Lord, why have you forsaken me?...
"My words trickle down/
"From a wound that I have no intention to heal..."
("Blessed," third track on Sounds of Silence)
Welcome to My World:  http://www.angelfire.com/retro/purple_vinyl (the updates are coming fast and furious!)