Re: Face Dances

Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2003 18:25:19 EST
From: Keithjmoon70@xxxxxxx
Subject: Re: Face Dances

Would it help to think of "fish" in the sense of ...one of JAE's famous risque double-entendres.

Alan,

Man, that's just nasty. And stanky.

Hee. John frequently was :-). Me too.

I get it, but what about the lamb to the slaughter part? Was that another double-tenderentre' about the trouser trout?

IMO, no. "You lead me on like a lamb to the slaughter" just means that the girl is leading him on and he follows trustingly like a lamb, knowing what's to come...or supposed to...then all he gets is a "dry fish" when she shows him the door or leaves, um , prematurely.

(I like "double-tenderentre', too, BTW...double-tender entree, entree= "to enter". You're nasty too, Jon :-)

Cheers,
Alan
"the average Texan...carries not just a gun but a SHOTGUN." --Pete Townshend, 1967