Face Dances

I remember buying Face Dances on cd way back in
1988. I was just getting into The Who. Face
Dances was actually my first Who album. I wasn't
sure which cd in the store to buy so I decided on
getting Face Dances because I liked the cover. My
favorite song on there is "Don't Let Go The
Coat".
Since we are all talking about this album I was
wondering how The Who got to choosing Bill
Szymczyk as their producer. Maybe one of the
reasons the album sounds so slick is because of
him. Why didn't they just use Glyn Johns as their
producer?

Jeff