Re: Our cool kids....

During my child psych class I took as a junior in
college, I learnt (not that I hadn't known it before)
that a lot of parents punish their daughters for
fighting and praise their boys for acts of violent
aggression.  I can't remember this one incident,
because it happened before 1983 when I began to
remember, but I'm told by my parents that when I was
very young, I slammed some boy over the head with a
toy fire truck because I was pissed off he invaded my
space.  I was quite a handful and often struck out at
other children when young, though it's been years
since I've acted that way.

=====
Anna U. Mormack
"Blessed are the sat upon, spat upon, ratted on/
"Oh Lord, why have you forsaken me?...
"My words trickle down/
"From a wound that I have no intention to heal..."
("Blessed," third track on Sounds of Silence)
Welcome to My World:  http://www.angelfire.com/retro/purple_vinyl (the updates are coming fast and furious!)