Re: Keith's drumming

http://www.angelfire.com/rock2/johntalksrock/moon.htm

> That was an interesting argument.  Valid points made
on both sides.
> Keith was well-defended, though.  Some people just
hear sloppiness
> when they hear Keith Moon.  His originality is lost
on them.  The
> one dude was way off base saying that Moon constantly
overplayed,
> though.  That's just plain wrong.
>
> - SCHRADE in Akron

I think he was way off base saying that, too: "Finally
Keith Moon. Man, this guy was terrible. The really
funny thing is, as much as he overplayed, Dave Lombardo
or Paul Bostaph (two very very good drummers, but i
dont think i'd put them as all time greats) could play
faster, harder, more complex patterns and STILL keep
the rhythm of the song."

I really don4t think Dave and Paul are THAT fast... and
what more complex patterns? "Rainning Blood", "Divine
Intervention", "D.N.R"?... Maybe I4m being too fanatic,
but to my hears, Keith4s not, at least, slower than
those guys.

Leandro

AntiPop-up UOL - I gratis!
http://antipopup.uol.com.br/