Re: Mc's band

> Mc:
>
> Nice job.   Thanks for sharing.   So you guys are a quintet, eh?
> Do your guitarists have strict rhythm and lead roles that they
> abide by?  Does your bass player play melody like the Ox?
>
> I dig it.
>
> What kind of sound/mixing board do you use?  How
> many inputs/outputs, and is it any good.   I'm in the
> market for
> a good used 8 line unit that can feed head-phones, and a
> tape unit or digital recorder.

Our more active guitarist is mainly the rhythm guy, but he takes lead on a few songs, such as the ACDC songs or on songs where our lead guy has to sing.  We don't have a mixing board.  We have to rely on the venue's PA or we hire a guy for $100 per gig to come set up his PA and board and run it for us.  It's a pain in the ass.

The bassist is actually quite similar to Ox.  His influence is Flea from RHChili P, so he is influenced by Ox indirectly and doesn't know it.  His style is very improvisational and is tonally quite like Ox, and his lead bass in The Real Me and in the more free-form Who tunes is quite good.  His rhythm is not as good as it should be, but I think that is more because he is new and isn't that familiar with the songs.

Mc