Re: SELL OUT

In a message dated 12/4/2003 6:08:31 PM Eastern Standard Time,
schrade@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:
Thanks for pointing out my mistake,........Jon.  ;-)
Of course, you know I'm just funnin'.  However, I do keep a dictionary nearby
for whenever y'all throw those new words at me.

>It'd be nice to hear *your* views, too.  If you have the time, that is.  ;-)

<Stretch, Yawn, Grin...> What was the assignment again? I can't seem to get
that dog gone Barry White music out of my head.

...Switching from 2-4 to 1-3,

Sell Out:

You know, Scott and Kevin did a pretty good job of making this my favorite
Who album at the moment.

What I dig about it is that it's sound is so unique.  I just listened to it
with headphones on (like I've been doing with all of the CD's that I've been
playing drums along with lately) and is that stereo cool!  Sometimes it switches
so much that it tickles the back of my eyes.

I won't go song by song because I generally agree with Scott's assessment and
I can't express it any better.

I like it's light, groovy, upbeat personality that switches gears throughout
in a burst of creativity as The Who was in full bloom.  The timing of the
commercials with no spaces between songs makes it fun to listen to. A real time
capsule of sorts.  I grew up with this album playing since it came out.

How can a band this heavy come across so different?  They are the best band
in the world.  They are the Beatles with musicians.  They are Led Zeppelin with
a brain, 6 speeds and a sense of humor.  They are the dirty Stones, but with
a shotgun blasting right into your face.  They have a brilliant song writer
that's better than them all, including the Kinks.

Every Who album is different and this is no exception.  Keith's drumming,
even mixed down as it is, is stunning.  He uses the ride cymbal extensively and
does many thunderous rolls on the floor toms for great effects like Scott
pointed out. It is so much fun to just let go and get into the song and drum away
with him. He was just a creative whirlwind back then.  I wish that he never
would have destroyed himself.  He didn't have to. :-(

Jon in Mi.