Humming Who commercials while drinking 7-up.

>From: Joe Lewinski <lewinski@xxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: New Who Comercial - and this one's not "mainstream"!
>
> A few observations:
>
>1.  The song is abbreviated, but well edited.   I miss the big jam part though.

But it doesn't detract from the overall feel of the song, unlike the claratin commercials.

>2.  The Race sign in the beginning "Race First O ne DoWn Wins", has all
>	 the letters in different fonts and the W in doWn is particularly big.
>	Is this intentional?

I don't think it's anything.  The S's on the sign are also caps.  But, good thought!

>3.  The video sequencing is similar to the original Happy Jack video with
>	The Who breaking in to eat the cake.  It uses that jumpy frame
>	technique which matches the temp of the song so well.

Yes!  It's got the same feel.  This is the first thing I noticed!  Awesome.

>4.  The kid looks like a mod.

And he looks angry too.

>5.   The kid is probably ridiculed, or feels like an outcast.   A common Who
>	theme.

Definitely.  Hiding out in his garage.  Looking over his shoulder with this "I'll show 'em" expression on his face, like he's been beaten up on the playground once too often.  He's a loner, but he's one.

>6.  In the end he and his individuality prevails.  He is one!

He kicked their ass....with his mind!  That's what it's all about!  Those Led Zep racers all tried to use brawn, and lost.  :-)
And, he apparently got the girl too.  :-)

>7.  I really dig this commercial!   I dig it!   Can you dig it?

Whomever made this commercial, definitely knows a thing or two about The Who, and more importantly about Who-ness.

>Now everybody go out and buy a Hummer.

Way out of my league.  But, a ski buddy of mine who visits from DC owns one. Nothing like showing up to the slopes in a Hummer2.  Now, if it only didn't have out of state plates!
Hey!  You actually met Mikey at Camden!  At the time he was driving a lifted Suburban.  He's the rare example of a person who actually gets use out of the Hummer.  He'll drive through Nor-easters to get to fresh POW.

>If you cannot afford one
>I suggest you get a hummer, which is entirely different and can help
>sooth some of the circumcision controversy.

What's the point?  No sensitivity down there.  ;-)

>From: "Schrade, Scott" <sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: any word on tour?
>
>Well, what can you say?  Rumors are rumors.

And The Shout seems to be a prime breeding ground for them.
Doh!  ;-o

>From: <joseph559@xxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Scott Halpin & Me: Answer to Schrade
>
>I could write more...

I wish you would!
These were great!

>From: "Schrade, Scott" <sschrade@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
>Subject: Re: Coke after Coke after ....7-up!
>
>Now, I can't remember
>if it was just a bit of the music & no vocals, or if vocals were indeed
>present.  Someone with a better memory, please help.

Me wife insists the lyrics "Rain o're me" were prevalent.
How did she know of it and not me??!!
Sheesh.

>Then I turn on my TV, and songs you've written that actually mean something
>to me are hawking some crap I don't need.
>
>Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss.
>
>Your pal,
>
>Tim

Ouch!
But, I have to say, he's got a point.
I'm kind of middle of the road on this whole debate.
The Who, unfortunately, is going to be seen as the great sell out.

Kevin in VT