Re: Scott Halpin and me

> Where did you get the idea that it was an "outlandish rumor?"  If I
> recall, that information came from somebody who actually talked to him
> about it.

A. The idea itself seems outlandish.  Should the people Bono pulls out
of the audience & dances with at U2 concerts be entitled to revenue from
the show?

B. I haven't read any of the accounts you speak of where people who have
actually (supposedly?) talked to Scott have said that he indeed tried to get
money from the band.  I've only heard the rumors.  If you can, please en-
lighten me.

C. If Scott did indeed have a row with The Who about money why, in Joe's
story, is he excitedly meeting them backstage at a show, conversing like
everything's just dandy?

I'm hearing two different stories.  One says that Scott tried to get money
from The Who for being called up to play a few numbers after Moon collapsed.
He didn't get any money & he's a bit miffed & wants to wash his hands of the
entire affair & not even speak of it.

The other says that Scott holds no ill will towards the band & sometimes
drops in backstage to hang out & chat politely with them.

Or, is the real story that, yes, he did try to get some money from the band,
they wouldn't give him any, Scott got miffed, that was all in the past, he's
let it go, & now everything's cool?  Is that how it happened?

- SCHRADE in Akron

Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact,
every opinion.  Question with boldness even the existence of a God.
   - Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)