Re: any word on tour?

> has anyone heard any more about the alleged shows this fall?  One had
> them playing in NYC in October (odd, since this is when they are al-
> legedly working on the new album) and another had them doing a European
> tour with a few shows in the UK.  Things have been silent about these
> for awhile.

Well, what can you say?  Rumors are rumors.  It doesn't look like any of
it is going to happen.  Besides, they (The Who) just completed a large
tour only a year ago.  Lately, they seem to take a year off after a tour
(as they did after the 2000 tour).  I suspect there will be some activity
in 2004.  Maybe,...just maybe,....a show or two around the holidays in 2003,
in England, but even *that's* looking unlikely.  It's been a rough year for
Pete & The Who.  A little "regrouping" may be in order.

> To add to Mc's questions, is Pete allowed to leave the UK?  Does anyone
> know if he has yet?

Haven't heard.  That may be some of the behind-the-scenes wrangling that's
still occurring.  Pete first may have to have a business opportunity in the
States present itself before he can apply for a request to travel there.
I would assume he would then take his "case" to whomever to see if he would
be allowed to travel abroad.

> That could present a problem obviously with regard to a tour in the US.

With today's technology, Pete could play from England & have his image
projected on a screen set up on the stage next to Daltrey.  Simon Townshend
could be employed to lift the screen up, whenever a "Pete leap" was called
for.  I'd go see that.

> Does anyone know if any progress has been made to have him removed from
> that list?

No.  It's been a while since I've received any updates from the group that
was collecting petitions to have him removed.  I doubt they'll have much
success.

- SCHRADE in Akron

Fix reason firmly in her seat, and call on her tribunal for every fact,
every opinion.  Question with boldness even the existence of a God.
   - Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)