Much ado about wha???

Kevin:

>Who knew smegma was a real word!??!

And such a lovely little word it is.  I've known the word outside of the
youthful term and also outside of the clinical term.  I believe that was
the name of a contestant on Monty Python's "How Not to Be Seen".  Mrs.
BJ Smegma I believe the name was...

Mc:

>2. Listen and/or watch Baba O'Riley from the Shepperton show (TKAA)
>Roger hits those high notes with absolute accuracy AND amazing power.

That's a perfect example of his peak.  Weren't the Shepperton shows
around '77?  Right around the time they were recording WAY?

>>I though Plant sounded fine as I saw him 3 times with THE
>>WHO last year. He's
>>not Daltrey but who is ya know lol.
>
>I whole-heartedly agree. I though Plant's voice sounded excellent,

I wasn't knocking Plant's voice aside from his whiney sort of "Fool in
the Rain"-ish delivery.  He still has a rather hypnotic voice.  But what
he lost as a young man (while Roger was still improving) was that POWER
he used to have before, say Zep 4.  There's no way he could belt out
"siiii-iiiince I been lovin' you babe..." now.  Hell he couldn't do it
by the time Houses of the Holy came out too.  It's as if he blew out a
vocal chord or two by that time.

>I also am not wild about the way he is singing some of the songs these
days, but that is >simply a personal opinion about his vocal choices.

Okay, so it's not me alone who's noticed that too.  I'm not a vocalist,
so I don't know for sure, but I think of his vocal approach now is like
a stage singer in a Broadway musical.  He's taken some of the grungy
snarl out of his delivery and put a polish on it that sometimes hints at
"Oklahoma" or "South Pacific".  But you're right too - Roger is still
the man...

Jim in Colorado