re: rog's voice getting stronger

> And from Tommy up until Who Are You, it's evident to me,
> that Roger got better and better with each album.

Great observation.  Try this as evidence:

1. Listen to Baba O'Riley studio version...

2. Listen and/or watch Baba O'Riley from the Shepperton show (TKAA)

Roger hits those high notes with absolute accuracy AND amazing power.  Notice the "fight for" and "get my BACK."  He is at his absolute peak.  I'm not sure there is any vocalist who could hit those notes as purely as Roger did with such awe inspiring power as in that performance.

Side note: I'm not wild about the way he sings Baba O today.  I think he could hit those notes rather than fudging them the way he does.  For example, there are many notes that he can hit today pretty solidly that I absolutely can not (as a debateably professional singer of Who covers).  The notes in Baba I can, though I have to work real hard to do it.  He somewhat annoyingly rounds off the notes on "fields" and "meals" and "living."  The big "OOOOOOOOOOH!" he does before "sally take my.." is genius, however, and he nails the shit out of that note.

Mc