Re: analysis of roger's voice

----- Original Message ----- From: <Sroundtable@xxxxxxx>

> I have come to a conclusion, right or wrong, about Roger's voice.  I just
listened mp3s from 1989 Join Together, Amazing Journey and I'm Free.  His
voice sounds extremely worn out, even hoarse.  He didn't, however, have any
trouble with hitting the notes accurately (even the high ones).  Raspy, yes,
but accurate.

I went to the second Foxboro, MA show on that tour.  My friend had gone to
the first show and reported back that Roger was having real problems with
his voice and Pete had to sing some of his parts.  Roger sounded fine at my
show, though.  But I do think that tour is where his voice really started to
show some age.  There's an amusing report on that first Foxboro show at:

http://www.thewho.net/concertguide/1989/berichte/1989-07-12.html

Jim M