Re: Moon movie

> By concentrating on such a narrow time frame, the filmmakers would be freed
> from the need to cram the entire history of The Who into the film.
>
> By focusing on a narrow slice of Moon's life, there would
> be more room for
> character depth & development.

I disagree.  Keith's story needs to be told throughout his life.  A movie of a week of his life would be interesting, but I believe his life in entirety is absolutely spellbounding.  Movies which attempt a bio of a persons life have been done and done well.  Chaplin comes to mind, with an academy award nomination for Robert Downey.  The Stern movie was quite entertaining, as well.  I enjoyed Nixon, despite not being a huge Stone fan.  I think Stone was just in over his head on The Doors, though I never actually saw the movie.

As for who should play Moon, the person who suggested Johnny Depp is right on the money.  Mike Myers is getting a bit too old for the role, possibly.  I'm not sure he could pull off the 19 year old Keith, or the 17 year old who first won over Pete and Roger at an audition.  Myers is a great comedic actor, but Depp is the superior overall actor.

Mc