Re: RAH 2000 CD

----- Original Message ----- From: "Schrade, Scott"

> > It is spectacular.  Well, except for YMB on disc 3 but that was a
> > 2002 warm up anyhow.
>
> What?!  That "Young Man Blues" is awesome!  It's the other 3 tracks on
> Disc 3 that are weak.  I was surprised at how well they played YMB.
> Zak seemed a little tentative about improvising, but the others sure
> didn't.  What's your 'prob' with YMB?

My final decision to buy this DVD and hold off on the CD was swung by
listening to the clips of the 2002 show on Pete's site, Young Man Blues in
particular.  Granted, the clips are short and they're not that great
quality, but I felt like Pete was only playing about half of the notes in
the opening parts of the song.

Sort of like:
Na na na, na na na, na na na, naaa
instead of:
Na nanana na, nanana na, nanana na, naaaa.

I hope I'm not being too technical here.

Jim M