Modern Drummer - Jones On Moon

> MD:  With respect to bass drums, I've occasionally heard that he used
> the second one just for show.
>
> KJ:  I used to sit behind him & watch him.  He'd be playing mainly the
> one, but now & then he'd it the other one.  I don't think he worked out
> a technique.

I was thinking about this exchange this morning.  I wonder if the inter-
viewer from Modern Drummer isn't making a slight dig against Kenny by
asking this question.

Why?  1. I've *never* heard, or read, *any* comment from *anyone* at *any-
time* saying that Keith Moon may have used one of his bass drums "just
for show."  Of course, he doesn't use them in *every* song, but has there
ever been *any* doubt that Moonie uses both bass drums?