Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V10 #242

Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2003 22:40:02 +0100
From: John Hughes <john@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: Re:  Empty Glass

Scott, re

 > > "Cats In the Cupboard" - I don't like this song & wouldn't want to
 > > hear a Who version. You might disagree.

Hey, we agree :-)

Well, I for one like Cat's in the Cupboard AND think it'd make a good Who song. Those slashing chords during the verse and the whole song's attitude (a balls-to-the-wall rant) are classic Who. Pete should sing the middle eight, of course -- "While you're racing, people wasting..."

 > > "Empty Glass" - Who song that got away. Definitely. Drop the "doo
 > > wop" backing vocals, though. Never did like those.

Oh, no, don't drop the doo wop!

I don't like "doo wop" as a genre, but I like it here. It doesn't detract from the mood for me, they're just syllables for some aural color.