Re: Pirates

In a message dated 8/4/2003 4:12:43 PM Eastern Standard Time,
schrade@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I've heard someone else mention that Depp's performance in that movie gives
> off
> Moon vibes, but apparently Depp says he based the character partly around
> Keith
> *Richards.*

Yeah, he did sound real slurry like "Keef".  His lines much of the time were
like something Keith Moon might say though.  I found myself looking forward to
the next thing he was going to say throughout the movie. He's a great actor.
-And I don't just mean in 21 jump street either.

By the way, did anyone ever see the episode where they installed a metal
detector in the high school and the principal set it off when the gang banger
shoved him through it because he himself was carrying an illegal weapon?  Previous
to that occurrence was one of my favorite TV lines: "Naw, Naw, Mr. Renardo,
let's see YOU go through the De-tec-*TOR*"

Jon in Mi.

If God did not exist, it would be necessary to invent Him.
 -Voltaire