Re: Empty Glass

In a message dated 8/4/2003 11:03:27 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lewinski@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

> In the end it is
> a love song that has a sharp appeal to those who have
> been denied or who can remember being in pursuit.

Gonna Get Ya is my all time favorite PT solo song.  What a great highway jam
that is too.

It captures this feeling so strikingly in both words and music, as you said
so well.  The piano, drums and that guitar hitting the chords-just as Pete
*feels* to hit them (you know what I'm talking about) give such a sense of
positive energy.  I just love that song.

I used to get angry that it didn't get the airplay it deserves, but I am sort
of glad that they didn't make it common in the end.  I played it for my
nephew (at full volume) who is into the rap scene, and when the song ended he
stated that Pete Townshend is a genius. He noticed how different all of his songs
are from one another.  I agreed.

Jon in Mi.

Jon in Mi.