Re: Thunder...

>From: Joe Lewinski
>Subject: Re: Thunder...
>
>Kevin:
>
>Yeah,  I really hope we (you) get dumped on this winter.  I am planning
>a transition from skis to board and lots of snow will help.

We're due a dumping.  The last two winters have been pretty lame as far as
powder goes.  We got close this past winter, but it just never "clicked"
depth and Pow wise.

Great to hear you making the transition!  You'll love boarding if you hang
in there long enough (2-3days) to get past the mouse-traps (sudden slaps on
the snow).
Don't give up!  The learning curve is very steep at first, but much more
gradual after the first few days.  Wear wrist guards and a helmet.

>From: "Schrade, Scott
>Subject: Re: Thunder...
>
>> Are you following me?
>
>"Right behind you....."  ;-)

OH MY!

>> I am now feeling good about the prospects of an album and more per-
>> formances if not a tour.
>
>I gotta play the part of Mr. Negative & say, "I'll believe it when I
>see it."

I'm in that same frame of mind.

>A tour, maybe.  *That,* I could possibly see.

Another tour without new music??  Without John?
What's left to play?
If it *does* happen, they need to bring in a more....ummm...a more...rowdy?
bass player.  Someone who will rock!
Pino was fine, bla, bla, bla,...but he was only that.  Fine.
The Who needs a fill in, on the same level of how Zak fills in for Moonie.
No, I don't have the answer.
Rarely do.  :-)
Maybe my therapist does.  :-\

>But that "new album".......I don't know.  We've been hearing about it for
so long.
>It's become the famous tale of "The Who Who Cried Album."

Ha!  You said "Who Who"!  ?
I'm with Joe.  I'd rather see new music.  Somehow, someway, there's got to
be a way to include John in the new tracks.  I'm thinking of the taped
rehearsals from before the 2002 tour.

Our local 'Classic Rock' station, The Wizard, made the announcement on the
air about a new album after a Who song.
It went something like "Word is that Townshend and Daltrey will be going
into the studio in late August (eh?) to record a new Who album.  We'll
definitely be looking forward to that.  We wish them our best."

>Did everyone pick up the latest issue of Modern Drummer magazine with
>Moonie on the cover?

No.  I've been waiting for one of you drummer types out there to give a
review!
Come on!
Get on the stick boy!

Speaking of stick....ever notice how drum sticks look like mini penises?
You know you have!
Is it the little head on the top?

Kevin in VT