Re: don't be shy

>>Name and City, State:

Greg Biggs, Celina, OH

>> Nickname:

The General (given to me by several friends)

>> Year and city graduated high school:

1971, Clarkston, GA (Atlanta suburb)

>> Highest level of education completed:

3 years of college - 1 1/2 at Univ. of Tampa, FL - the rest at Stephen F.
Austin Univ. in Texas.  Journalism major, history minor.

>> Occupation:

Owner, CVC Collectables, mail order record and CD retailer (have been in the
music bizz in several capacities since 1971).  Also a part-time military
historian.  I consult for state museums, other historians, do lectures for
historical groups and write.

>> Year became a Who fan:

1967

>> First Who show attended and how many:

June, 1970 in Atlanta at the now defunct Municipal Auditorium.  Saw them
there again in November, 1971.  Then at the Omni in Nov. 1973, again in 1975
and the next day in Tennessee.  Have seen them 19 times in total.

>> What were you doing when you found out about Keith's death?

I was at work in my office in Los Angeles - I was then aprt of the buying
team for the Peaches record stores chain.  I got a call from another office
mate who told me - and the guy that I shared the office with then dropped in
a Who tape for me!  A very nice touch!

>> John's?  !

Saw it on the news while at home.

>> Favorite Who Song:

I Can See For Miles - this song is their most explosive in terms of constant
tension.  It holds up VERY well today!

>> Favorite Album:

Who's Next - the right combination of tremendous songs and a great producer
(finally - their first since Shel Talmy anyway!)

>> Least Favorite Who Song:

There's a few - "Blue, Red And Grey" did not work on By Numbers (should have
been on a Pete LP) - a couple tunes on the WB era LP's

> Pete, Keith, Roger, John fan?

D - all of the above

> Who is the best kisser?

A girl from my past as well.

> ass kisser?

Al Gore, Terry McAuliffe (of the DNC), Hillary Clinton, Bill Clinton, Ted
Kennedy,  Jesse Jackson, Al Sharpton, Diane Feinstein, Barbara Boxer, Cynthia
McKinney (in a class on her own actually), Robert Byrd (and I am related to
him through my grandmother!), Arlen Specter, Strom Thurmond (what the hell
was this old goat still doing in public office???), Jesse Helms, Ken Lay -
lots more - some more disgusting than others.  If any of these people walked
into a room that I was in I would walk out - they have no class - they have
no honor!

>> Most raw talent:

Keith Moon  (just so unconventional and he re-wrote the drummmer's rule
book!)

> >Reason for joining the list:

Keeping up with things like bootlegs, people's opinions of how good certain
CD's and LP's sound, band news, etc.

>> reason for staying:

same as above

>> Biggest complaint on the list:

none

>> Who you'd like to see voted off next:

Being the good Libertarian that I am - all have their opinions for better or
worse - and all can say them.  If you don't like what you see then skip past
it - I do!

>> Married, divorced or married with a little action on the side:

married ten years

>> Interesting Hobbies:

music, military history (I own nearly 2000 books on the subject), writing,
hockey (die-hard Black Hawks fan - hard to be these days!), movies, reading
(voraciously)

>> CNN, Fox, Nickelodeon or History Channel:

Fox News (CNN has no credibility), and History Channel - with some A & E on
the side, a bit of Comedy Central as flavoring

>> VH1 or MTV:

VH1 whenever I think to watch

>> Favorite Who venue?

The old Municipal Auditorium in Atlanta - now torn down except for the front
facade.

>> Any other interesting facts about yourself?

I lecture a lot on military history for historical groups; writing three
books (on my own and co-authoring); used to play drums in local bands - wish
I had the time for it now; Libertarian politics (worked for our party's
congressional candidate the last two elections); huge Monty Python fan (saw
them at the Hollywood Bowl); also interested in the architecture of Frank
Lloyd Wright.

Greg Biggs