Battle - no Who

>From: Biggsk@xxxxxxx
>Subject: Re: Battle - no Who
>
>Kevin writes - citing the brilliant Mark Leaman:
>
>> >The State Department was appointed by Boy Bush.
> >
> >True.  But, Newt is an advisor to Rumsfeld.  It's State vs Defense.
> >Diplomacy vs. Military.  Rumsfeld/Cheney (aka Bush) vs. Powel.
>
> Uhh - Colin Powell and a few top people of State are presidential
appointees.
>The vast majority of any Federal department are career people who stay
there
>and work there no matter who is in the White House.  Most of them have been
>there for years - under Democrat and Republican presidents.
>
><snip>
>
>End of today's Civics lesson.

Having been born, raised and lived in DC until the age of 33 (thus making me
designated tour guide to all visitors), and having a wife who used to work
for Beuro of Engraving and Printing, I'm amazed I didn't know all that!
;-)

The point there, was that there is an unusually large rift between
Rumsfeld/Cheney and Powell (aka State Department).  It's not a secret.
I think we're all smart enough to know which side Bush falls on.

Kevin in VT