Picture disks & cults

This morning, while I was in the shower, and listening to Abby Road, Come
Together, I mentally re-visited the cult issue on the list.

Although their ARE a few reason's why one could call The Who and their fans
cult-like (Tommy, Join Together, this list, the most obvious to me), the one
thing they don't have, in my opinion, is the most critical aspect to a true
cult:  a charismatic leader.

I am not an expert on cults, and all of what I know I have learned from
reading news of cults that have been IN the news.  The most notorious cults
have leaders that WANT their followers around them, commune- like: (Charlie
Manson, David Koresh, Realians to name a few).

Peter Townsend is not like that, in my opinion.  Actually, just the opposite.
 In my opinion, he would probably get pissed of people worshipping him.  He'd
be like "don't worship me, I'm all fucked up!".

So, that pretty much takes Pete out of the cult theory, other than his
infamous quote.  Now, his fans......that is another story, too cult like for
my own comfort actually.

Also, another thought while in the shower.  What ever happened to picture
disks?  Did The Who have any?  I had a Sgt. Pepper one.  I'd be interested to

Sincerely,
Jo