re: QUAD live....

Yes, the 1996-1997 Quad shows are the ones to look for
since they really were the first complete versions.
The best in sound quality and also easiest to find
seems to be the one booted off of the July 1996
Madison Square Garden shows.  The one I have is simply
called "Quadrophenia" - includes a nice acoustic
encore and then a good handful of demos from Quad.

The downside to it is that Gary Glitter is on it :-(

Next up is one I've heard about but have not yet
found, called "Quadrophenic in Oslo" from April 1997.
It is said to be soundboard quality and a great
performance.  Pretty scarce though.

Another 1997 show that is good and easier to find is
"Taking the Magic Bus to Nissan." From July 1997 at
the Nissan Pavilion in VA, a great DAT audience
recording.  Probably the best audience boot I've heard
since Toronto 1975.  Includes a GREAT electric solo
version of Magic Bus.

Good luck!

=====
I SUPPORT PETE TOWNSHEND.