Re: now music and economics...

From: Zenswhen <bushchoked@yahoo.com>
Also blank CDs are more fragile, despite early claims of lasting longer. Put one >in a "CD wallet" for a while and see what happens. Of course, I >wouldn't recommend putting ANY CD in one of those.
I always make copies of my cds and put them in a wallet to take in the car so that I don't damage the originals, and I haven't had any problems. What problems have you had?

The way I see it, blanks are three for a buck and take a few minutes to make, with a fast burner (20 minutes with my slow one). Why would you ever subject your originals to heat, cold, etc.? Limited edition stuff I have (Encore discs, Blues to the Bush, if I ever get a kosher copy) will get copied and the originals will never see the light of day. I cringe when I hear Jon talking about taking his encore box set in his truck.

I will say that I took a CDR that had an error when burning and broke it in half the other day and couldn't believe how thin the film that holds the data is. A fraction of the thickness of a sheet of paper.

Jim M