Re: Having disposed of art and science, now music and economics.. .

> I was kind of alarmed to see that report last week that Sony was laying
> off workers. Other lists have reported the most recent drop in CD sales,
> which amounted to 7.2 percent in the first six months of 2002.

However, sales of music *DVDs* has risen sharply over the past year.  We
may see a shift by the record companies to invest more money in music DVDs
& less in actual CDs.  The public seems to be embracing DVD technology with
a passion.  And poor cassette tapes seem to be close to their demise.

- SCHRADE in Akron