Re: karma question (zero Who)

In a message dated 4/15/2003 12:57:23 PM Eastern Standard Time,
sschrade@ascpl.lib.oh.us writes:

> And your God is supposed to be powerful?  Sounds
> to me like he's pretty dependent on humans.

Yes, He is actually.

>>And what happened when people started to explore the universe, Jon? We're
biblical accounts confirmed?

Yes, if you know how to understand the bible.  And no, if the studies are
flawed.  People do make mistakes.  Theories come and go.

>>And, if as you say they were, then why did
the Catholic Church feel that Galileo would be better off locked in a tower
or under house arrest than formulating his ideas about the universe?

Galileo was right.  The Catholic church was wrong.  They were the ones that
locked up the bible. The religionists were also the ones that had the Lord
crucified. But He used them to accomplish His purpose even in this.

>>According to your theory, since the Bible is available to
practically everyone now, we should all be religious (Christians, I guess).

Please try to see what I am saying instead of forming an argument against it.
 This is something that happened in history.  What is rare is precious.  That
is why when it was released it was treasured and light came out of it when
people read it.  There are many strategies to put down the truth. One
strategy is to lock up the truth.  To make the truth "common" is another
strategy.  This removes the value in the perception of it.  This is a big
problem in the US.  We often don't even realize what we have and become lazy
and fat.  That is why hard times cause growth and make us real.

>>Then, in my late teens, when I realized that even with all my praying, not
a goddamned thing was happening to me, I wised up, & stopped wasting my
time & thought on such antiquated, foolish, nonproductive endeavors. *I'm*
the one who's seen the light, Jon, not you. You're still too afraid to
discard your comforting superstitions. Stop leaning on God. You're bound
to fall over.

Scott, you're an honest guy.  I appreciate your frankness and your clear,
uncluttered thinking. I have said before, even to others, that what you see,
you see and you are true to that. I respect what you say perhaps more than
anyone on the list because of this.

You are very objective in almost every subject except this one. Something
personal is going on. I wouldn't let it go so easily.  God speaks through
humans and you are not dead yet.  He heard you.

Jon in Mi.