Re: karma question (zero Who)

> It was the invention of the printing press.  This put this very important
> book which had previously been locked up into the hands of the masses.

Odd that the "word of God" had to wait for the invention of the printing
press to work its magic.  And your God is supposed to be powerful?  Sounds
to me like he's pretty dependent on humans.

Feeds the masses with a few fish, raises the dead, turns water into wine;
and yet he couldn't print up a few dozen copies of the Bible to spread
around for the people?  What?  Not enough stone tablets for the job?

> This event subsequently helped to open the minds of many to explore the
> universe.

And what happened when people started to explore the universe, Jon?  We're
biblical accounts confirmed?  And, if as you say they were, then why did
the Catholic Church feel that Galileo would be better off locked in a tower
or under house arrest than formulating his ideas about the universe?

> The bible, -when viewed as "light" and not doctrine-, sets the human mind
> free.

Just like a prisoner is free to walk around in his jail cell.

> This is a fact of history.

No, it's not.  Religion, while still a dominating presence for many people,
has been on the wane for hundreds of years, even as communication & media
have grown.  According to your theory, since the Bible is available to
practically everyone now, we should all be religious (Christians, I guess).

> While there are many things that can be explained scientifically, there
> are many things that cannot be.

Those are the things science is working on, Jon.  Our Sun couldn't be ex-
palined a few generations ago.  But thanks to science, & with no help from
your Bible, we can now explain it.  Yet another example of something the
Bible apparently missed.  Hmmmm....

> There is a visible scene and an invisible one.  Both are real.  One can
> be proved by a useful human invention called science.  The other takes
> faith.  Faith makes the unseen things (that really are there) real to us.

I have faith that you're wrong.  ;-)  That's my faith.  Plus, as a bonus,
it's backed up by observation & evidence!  Wow!  Whoopee!  Look at me!

> Do an experiment and find out for yourself?  I dare you.  Honestly ask
> God if He is real and tell Him to prove it to you. If He exists, He will.

I went through all that crap, Jon.  As a child & teenager & went to church
twice a week, prayed every day for the Lord to reside in me, prayed every
day for God to guide me & forgive me of all my sins & transgressions. Every
day, Jon.  Every day.

Then, in my late teens, when I realized that even with all my praying, not
a goddamned thing was happening to me, I wised up, & stopped wasting my
time & thought on such antiquated, foolish, nonproductive endeavors. *I'm*
the one who's seen the light, Jon, not you.  You're still too afraid to
discard your comforting superstitions.  Stop leaning on God.  You're bound
to fall over.

- SCHRADE in Akron