Understanding Lifehouse

As we all know, this is a difficult subject.  However, I feel that this is
the most important subject surrounding this band, or more directly, Pete
Townshend.

After listening to the WNDE many times now I decided to visit Pete's site and
look up some archived articles. <A HREF="http://www.petetownshend.co.uk/projects/lifehouse/life_archive.html";>Pete Townshend - [Lifehouse, Archive]</A>

My question is this: If you were in the audience at the Young Vic and you had
the benefit of knowing that you were there to participate in the experience
with the band, what exactly would you do to participate?  Shout?  Listen
intently? Dance? (Pete told the one bloke not to do that because it was
distracting) Think real hard?  Pray?  What is the method of taking in the
vibrations being produced by the band with the hope of thus drawing the
energy out of them?  What were we supposed to do?

To say that Pete was just an overambitious thinker or a nut is a cop out. He
was onto something and it shows up in the music.  There was the fantasy vs.
reality thing, but what was it that he saw so clearly that no one else seemed
to be able to see? (Rhetorical Question.)

Jon in Mi.