Re: BBC reporting

Bad argument Keets. Try putting your self into the shoes of these people who had all their food, etc. stolen by their own government and placed into warehouses, government buildings, etc. and see if you would not go looting when liberated!
I didn't notice that it was an argument--more like a comment. Are you trying to justify the looting? If so, you didn't mention why the liberated poor feel they should strip their country's hospitals and universities in revenge. Actually, some Iraqi's seem put out about the looting, and are quoted as saying it's unpatriotic and dishonorable.

As for contracts -we spent the money to liberate them, we had soldiers that died - so did Britain. These two countries should get the rebuilding contracts - not the Usless Nations, and most certainly not the vile, cowardly French! Ever hear of the Marshall Plan Keets? You might try reading a bit about it - it was the USA rebuilding Japan and Germany after WW2 - and we did a FAR better job than anything the then UN could ever do! The UN still cannot handle Haiti or Kosovo even today.
Perhaps you missed my post earlier this week wherein I referred to the Marshall Plan. Also, you've missed where I said the Brits are not invited to participate in the rebuilding contracts. Here's a link discussing the first contract, worth up to 7$ billion and awarded without competitive bid to Halliburton, where Vice President Cheney was formerly CEO. Halliburton has previously been implicated in government contract fraud.

http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20030411/ap_on_go_co/war_halliburton_contract_8

The Who is the best rock band of all time!  (for the required Who content)
Aren't they, now? What did you think of Pete's commentary on war included in IT'S HARD?

keets