Pinball Wizard Justified

I've been sporadically reading the debate about the integrity of Pete writing Pinball Wizard. I think what everyone who thinks Pete "sold out" needs to keep in mind is that lots of great art throughout history was undertaken-influenced-created from less than noble reasons outside of "artistic integrity." Artists have to earn a living. No matter how good they are, artists still paint pictures that they think people will want to buy, songs they think people would like to hear. Regardless of the impetus, it took a genius to conceive and write the damn thing. And for as sick I am of the song, it's still fun to listen to.

-gern