Fuck off, I'm full...

Each day in recent weeks, I've wanted to say something, but thought I should
just stay out.  But, I just can't sit back and take it anymore.  Onto the real
important stuff...

> Any good American would be ashamed of Bush, if only for his vile, racist
> death penalty record.

Fuck you.  That being said, allow me to move on.

I can't remember who made the above statement about being a good American, SP
I think, (did I say "fuck you" yet?), but this is a perfect example of what's
going on in the world these days.  Being an American isn't such a wonderful
thing in the eyes of many in the international community, on the Who List, or
in our own country for that matter.  Now why is that?  The French and Russians
hate Americans almost as much as the Islamic extremists do, this member of the
Who list hates that member, and the liberals despise G.W. Bush and everything
he stands for.  Obviously there's a lot more hate out there than just the
stuff I mentioned, but you get the general idea.  Now, stay with me...

"Any good American would be ashamed of Bush, if only...." says one.
"Any good American would be in support of our troops who die for your right to
burn the flag." says another.

Who's right?  There are elements of truth in each statement and both ring
ABSOLUTE truth in the hearts of the person saying them.  So who's right?  And
how do we figure this out, when both sides of the argument feel, in their
hearts, that they are right?

Answer:  You don't, won't and can't figure it out.  Not to mention, who the
hell are you to judge what's in another person's heart?  Who are you to tell
me the definition of what being a "good" American is?  Who are you to tell me
I'm wrong?  You might THINK so, but what qualifies you to be able to judge
me?

I've said it from the start, the extremists on BOTH sides, right and left, are
crazy.  Self righteous freaks and the average person can see right through the
pomposity.  So spare us your patriotic drivel and your grandstanding ideology.
I have faith that not everyone is so easily sucked into extremist nonsense.

The trick is, NOT to take the word of your TV commenter as doctrine, (is Dan
Rather the Word of God or is Bill O'reilly?), NOT to put people in an Us vs.
Them situation (Libs vs. Conservs), NOT to trust your government leaders
blindly, and NOT to be so arrogant as to think YOU know it all.  Absorb and
digest what is right for YOU and make decisions for YOURSELF.  A Gandhi only
comes around once in a lifetime, so how come we have all of these prophets and
sages running around all over the place?  Everyone knows what is right for
everyone else.

I don't know the answers any more than you morons who are insulting and
humiliating people on The Who List to further your own delusions of grandeur
do.  I DO know the answers for ME and me only, and from what I can see, only a
few people here can say the same.  The rest of you have taken this space to
prophesize and preach and spread ill spirited tripe, for which you should be
ashamed.  I won't even mention this treasonous Pinball Wizard discussion for
which you traitors should all be flogged.  But I digress...

Speak for yourself and not for others.  Don't tell me your definition of a
good American as if you have the answers.  You're an idiot just like the rest
of us, what the fuck do you know?  Don't go telling me that Bush and his
cronies have some evil agenda that only you know about.  Fuck you, you watch
too much X-Files.  If you want respect for your paranoia, then be sure to
preface these outlandish statements with, "In my opinion..."  If you want to
be heard for what you have to say, don't start off by insulting people with
your self importance.  I don't have the answers and neither do you, so shut
the fuck up if you're going to act like that.

I don't blame my unemployment on the government any more than you should blame
the G for your own misfortunes.  Life has a way of messing with you with or
without the US Government's help.  I support this war, but for reasons of MY
OWN, not because I'm some bad American who can't think for himself and who has
been manipulated by the malevolent Bush and Co.  Do you think that giant bats
circle around your house, ready to take you away to some dark roost in an evil
cave too?

If you don't support the war or President or the capitalist system for that
matter, remember, it's not your God-given right to speak your mind, it's a
right granted by your country's sense of democracy and freedom.  God won't
help you if you speak out in some other places.  But since I live in a free
country, I respect your right to speak your views.  But not at the cost of
having zero respect reciprocated to me or others who disagree with you.
People like you don't want to be heard for the wisdom of your views, you just
want to be seen and heard like a spoiled child at a birthday party.  Not
everyone wants to hear a spoiled kid bratting their way around the room, but
unfortunately here, your parents aren't around to give you a smack in the
mouth and sit your dumb ass down.

For ME, it's very simple.

I like listening to John Lennon sing about peace.  I like some of Ginsberg's
poetry.  I think the concepts and ideology of world peace are majestic and
wonderful.  "Imagine there's no countries...a brotherhood of man."

But I'm also a realist and student of history.  Unfortunately, the human
race's capacity for war and violence is as strong as the need to breathe, eat
and shit.  It's the way we are.  So as nice as Lennon's "Imagine" is, it's not
realistic at all and one cannot afford to be so naive as to think otherwise.
I'm sure Elizabeth Smart's father had good intentions when he hired the freak
with the "Will Work for Food" sign to work at his house, but reality sure bit
him in the ass didn't it?  Same thing applies here.

On September 11, 2001 war was declared on me, my home, my family and my
country.  For years, ever since terrorists began surfacing in the 70s up until
now, I've heard from people in every walk of life, of every political belief,
and in every possible conversation atmosphere, say this very same statement
after a terrorist attack:  "We should go to the Middle East and level it.
Nuke it.  Turn it into a giant WalMart, etc, etc, etc..."  No one really
wanted to use nukes, but the sentiment is obvious.  Everyone KNOWS that the
middle east has been a threat to the US for decades, and now, instead of
turning our backs and waiting for the next terrorist attack, we are taking the
offensive, doing something about it and sending a very clear message to
potential terrorists in the future.  People, whether you like it or not, a
fact is a fact, and no matter how much ideology you want to throw into the
mix, you aren't changing a thing.  Islamic extremists want you DEAD - period.
World peace is nice, but it's as fictional as Peter Rabbit.

I'm tired of being a target because some non-thinking extremist fanatic thinks
I'm the Devil.  You want to negotiate, be diplomatic?  I'll be convinced of
that when you can show me how to negotiate a hungry lion out of a gazelle
dinner.  Again, just like peace and love for all mankind, not a very realistic
proposition.  Sure would be nice, but if it does finally happen, I'll be long
dead.

And that about wraps up this lengthy rant.  My apologies for taking up so much
space.  But in light of some other posters' inherent need to ruin the birthday
party with their spoiled whining, I felt compelled to say something.

In a nutshell, you have the right to your opinions as much as I do.  But when
you start insisting you have the answers and personally attack those who
disagree with you, then it is my right to say - Fuck you, sit down and shut
up.

Jim in Colorado