Re: free speech

Mark writes:

> The bottom line is it seems free speech is only protected if it's pro-war.
> One can say any nasty thing about Clinton, but if you dare to say you are
> against Bush's unwarranted war, you go to jail.

OK - I'll bight.

Free speech, on a college campus polluted by ultra-liberals, is only that
speech that agrees with the ultra-liberals.  I was doing some research at
Emory University in Atlanta late last year and was reading in the school
paper how David Horowitz was recently at a lecture on the campus.  The libs
that wrote in were totally honked that the school would even ASK him to come
and talk!  One letter was from a professor!  How DARE Emory ask someone that
does not agree with the bulk of the faculty and student body in terms of
political viewpoints to come and talk on the campus?

I think its called free speech!

Anti-war rallies at colleges are regularly given permits - pro-war rallies
are often denied them.  That happaned at the University of North Carolina.
Idiots like the assitant professor at Columbia, who publically wishes for the
US military to suffer "a thousand Mogadishus" while attending a campus
seminar on the war, are also found - while any that are pro-war are stiffled.
 This professor forgets that while 18 American Rangers died in Somalia that
day - they killed nearly 2000 Somalis in the same fight and wounded many
more!  Does he really want a thousand Mogadishus?????

The Libertarian candidate for Congress in my district in 2000 was an
assistant professor at Miami University - and he told me that hew as afraid
he would not get full tenure because he was not either a Democrat or a
Marxist!

And liberals bitch about not having free speech?????????

Also - Mark - please cite the names and dates or arrest for all those
political prisoners that have been jailed for daring to speak out against the
war!  I am sure we all would be interested in seeing this list.

Greg Biggs