Re: English Boy blathers

English Boy, obviously NOT a student of history blatered:

> The loss of innocent lives, {in the name of OIL GLUTTONY, the
> long pre-meditated "**Geo's** BUSH"/Republican agenda, and the
> BOGUS fight/war against TERRORISM}, would have been reduced by
> thousands and thousands made up of many nationalities.........!

Ahh yes - the bogus oil for blood argument.  Let's see - if it was all about
that we would have conquered Iraq 12 years ago when we had 500,000 troops
there to do it.  We would have kept control of Kuwait.  We would have marhced
in Saudi Arabia.  We would have mobilized the Texas, Arizona and New Mexico
National Guard and invaded Mexico driving through there into South America
and then turned left for Venezuela.

Please - try and come up with a better argument - this one is so full of
holes it no longer holds water.  You might try it with the French - as for
them it IS all about oil - $60 Billion worth with Iraq!

Bogus fight on terrorism - yet more sheer idiocy as an argument.  We have
attacked terror where we find it.  We have taken down some big Al Qaeda fish,
clobbered the Taliban, confiscated millions of dollars in terror funds and
now removed one of terror's biggest supporters in Saddam from power.  In all
this there has not been a terrorist attack on the US.  Sounds pretty
impressive to me!  I would rather have them ducking for cover than us sitting
on our asses waiting for them to hit us again!  Best defense is a good
offense, eh what?

And just what IS the Bush agenda?  Protecting his nation, the Number One job
of the president, is one of them I can see.  He is doing FAR better than the
moron that held the job for eight years previously (who ran from Osama no
less than six times in his tenure).  I will never argue with a president that
seeks to protect his nation from harm by those that seek to destroy our way
of life.

How many zillions of innocents have actually died?  I have studied military
history for over 35 years and I have never seen such a military that goes out
of its way to prevent innocent lives from being lost!  Do some die?  Yes -
and that is regrettable.  But the scenes in Baghdad, Mosul, Basra and other
towns in Iraq certainly show that the bulk of the people are happy that a few
of their countrymen may have sadly died in a cause of freedom.

This, then, begs the question English Boy - what do you have against freedom?

Greg Biggs