Re: Pinball Wizard An Embarrassment?

> Why you want to feel that I can't see the "irony and humor" is beyond *me*.

My fault.  I'm just trying to get a feel for your opinion (hey now!).  Mental note
to self:  Kevin understands the pinball irony & humor on its various levels.

> I totally disagree.  I think *most* rock/music fans don't get it at all.
> Or, they get it but don't give a hoot.  They see it as a very thinly veiled
> kiss-up to the masses, and frankly a strange thing that detracts from the
> album.

Well, I guess without a survey, we'll never know for sure.  As I've stated,
I've *never* met anyone who thought the pinball part of TOMMY was
silly or even questionable.  You have.  Maybe everyone I know thinks
the damn thing *is* silly & they're just not telling me!  Ha!  But doubtful.
My friends aren't exactly shy about expressing their opinions, pro-Who
or anti-Who.

> You've been spending too much time on this list.
> Your judgment is clouded.

That's very possible.

> I've obviously pissed on some sort of sacred Who ground.

Stop it!  You have not!  We're having a healthy Who discussion!  That's all!
If you believe that all it takes to make me angry at you is some differing opinion
about TOMMY, you're crazy!  Now, if you said something negative about
"Sister Disco," then we'd have to talk.  ;-)

> I think if you both stepped outside of Who-dom and actually got some other
> folks perspective, you might see that what I'm writing is *not* so far
> fetched.

I understand that now.  This just came as a big surprise to me, that's all.

> Scott, I thought yesterday you were finally seeing my perspective.

My ideas & opinions change hourly, I'm afraid.

> As a result, I'm tired of going round and round on this.

Fair enough.  I think we've "tilted" this pinball machine of a discussion anyway (!).
(Ha!  I've been waiting to use that one!)

- SCHRADE in Akron