Re: Antichrist Superstore; PW an embarrassment; Quad; Vedder

> So, does that make Walmart a good thing, or a bad thing?

Jim:

I'd say censoring music, as they force artists to, is a bad thing.

But, PW is by far the most blatant in the Who catalogue. Most blatant in
any bands catalogue, for that matter.

Kevin:

I can't see that. I think for instance We Built This City by Starship was a more blatant commercial song. Not to mention that it sucks.

>But, look how unbelievable Quad is. True to the core, emotions and feelings
as exposed as they can be.

Cheater! You KNOW Quad is my favorite Who! That being said, when the album came out Quad didn't sell well and was considered a failure.

>The less 'playing up to the crowd' there is, and purer the content, the
better the product, in my opinion.

There's a lot to that.

>Or the sound you make when someone tickles you under the chin?

Uh, I wouldn't know.

>Let's leave the wives out of this, shall we. Got something to say? Speak
up man!

Hausfrau, anyone?

>Come on, it was purposely written to satisfy a critic.
That's the definition of gimmick. I just looked it up!

OK, and if you didn't know that little fact about the song (which few of us did, at the time) would you still feel that way?

>I don't believe you can discount the betrayal of his friends not having the
same belief as Jimmy.

That's a more common thing to happen, but I think Mod was the one thing Jim could depend on, and that was the big one.

>No, but sometimes it's all you have left. And, it's the root.

Jimmy, however, had no love at the point in the story. His parents had thrown him out (while drunk on Stout) and his girlfriend passed him by.

 >Ah, you're right. For 32 years I've thought "Love Ain't for Keeping~ was
dreadful......Let's agree that minus those two tracks, the whole rest
is spectacular, and leave it at that.

James:

Funny, I also felt LAFK was the weakest track, until I heard the Toronto "last show" version. Now I love it.

>of truth I'd rather you not kid yourself or me that it's in support
of free speech. It's in support of what Ed said and did.

Alan:

Just a word of advice: don't interpret what other people say, because you're bound to be wrong most of the time...as you are, here. Vedder said what he said in the song which was released several months ago, and I bought when it came out. I meant what exactly what I wrote. No interpretation is required, nor do I appreciate it.

>well, and will be so until the day police arrest Ed (or anyone else)

How many anti-war protesters have been arrested so far? How many pro-war protesters? I rest the case. Several hundred people have been arrested so far.

>simply for expressing an opinion. I haven't heard of that happening

Please take advantage of the fine links Scott P. posted and find out what's going on. Just because you haven't heard, that doesn't mean it's not happening.

"I can kill 'cause in God I trust/It's evolution, baby "
                               Eddie Vedder

                 Cheers             ML