Pinball Wizard An Embarrassment?

>From: "Schrade, Scott"
>Subject: Pinball Wizard An Embarrassment?
>
>"One of the worst decisions of The Who's career?"

You heard me!

>What the fuck?!  Are you serious?

I wrote it, didn't I?

>I don't know of anyone who thinks "Pinball Wizard" is a
>"joke" or just a silly song.

Yes you do.  ME!  And, Lew!

>It's a classic rock staple.

Agreed.  But regarding Tommy, it is the laxative to help the masses take
their needed medicine.
Sad, but true.  Artists shouldn't play down to their audiences.

>One of the most electrifying singles in rock history.

Well, I wouldn't go that far.

>Arcades still have pinball machines.  People
>still play pinball.

It's the fact that Pete blatantly was masturbating the masses to get them to
accept Tommy.
*That's* what people have a problem with.  It's so obvious, it now detracts
from the whole album.

>Who gives a shit if Pete wrote it so Nick Cohn would give the album a de-
>cent review.  It works, it fits, it rocks.

There's more to that than just Nick Cohn.  Pete wrote it to grease the skids
of Jane and John Doe public.

>"Embarrassment of the album?"

Dude, a pinball wizard?
Come on.
How many bands do you know today that are coming up with stuff like 'The PS2
Gu-ru", or....X-box rocks, or........Sponge Bob Square Pants, ...rants???

>I'm afraid our usually keen Cousin Kevin
>from VT has made a horrible misjudgment.

Not even close.  Follow me.  I'm a sensation.

>Let's forgive him, however
>After he apologizes.

Fuck your forgiveness!  I stand by my words!
I won't apologize!  I can't!  I mustn't!

Kevin in VT (showing Schrade the light, once again)