Re: Tommy's weak points etc.

>BTW, weaker songs than "Listening To You" are "Sensation" & "Welcome."
Nice plot movers but mediocre songs.

Scott:

I'd say the weakest song on Tommy is Welcome. Sensation I've come to appreciate more as the years roll by, but I wasn't a huge fan early on.

>.....are the John Entwistle songs.....they do not compliment Pete's

Lew:

Well, we had to disagree about SOMETHING. I like those two songs, myself. Hummable.

>I think SYHATWall is a masterpiece that has always run neck and
neck with WN for a spin of the turntable. Whistle Rhymes is great
too...partly due to Frampton's guitar playing....

And those sentiments I do agree with.

>that said....I never want to hear My Wife again....and when I get my own

But also love MW. For me, the weakest WN track always has been and remains Going Mobile. It's just too loose and unruly compared to the rest of the songs. I'm also bothered by the "Beep beep." It just seems a little trite (again) compared to the rest of the album. The demo, on the other hand, is pretty great.

>Remind me of your record store's name, etc., and....do you hunt
for rare releases?

Generations Used CDs, not usually but for you I will look for the PH CD. I'd like to hear it myself.

>How about Going Mobile? Wouldn't it have been better if was replaced with
The Seeker?

I don't know about The Seeker, but Pure And Easy or Join Together or Let's See Action or The Relay...

>Nothing like spewing out generalizations!

Kevin:

Typical, though. They do something then say the other side is doing it. Just like a schoolgirl. Of course, sophistication and long-term thinking is not their strong suit (Hell, or even a suit they own at all!).

>What is the matter with you people?

Jim:

YEAH!

>Tommy is a masterpiece and does not have "weak points".

Well, I don't know. I think the story is a bit lopsided. And I do think Welcome is a bit heavy-handed, even for Pete. Besides it took me years to understand why the baker was Jewish (he's not).

>You might as well be saying that you think the Mona
Lisa would look better as a blonde.

Hmmm...actually, I like blondes...

>favorite parts, or songs that you relate to more than others, but the work,
as a whole, is perfect.

I will conceed that the live version is perfect. The studio version is merely almost perfect.

> USA for $19.99 real $, which translates to just under $C30.00 and I have

David:

But most places here are selling it for $30 (that's what I paid) and some even $40. Best Buy usually runs a special the first week of a release, and then the price goes up.

"There is no way to peace. Peace is the way."
                               A.J. Muste

                 Cheers             ML