Zak Starkey + The Healers in Amsterdam

What a great performance yesterday of Zak Starkey + The Healers. And quite a turn-up too for a monday night!

I bumped into Zak while waiting if front of the ticket window. He came walking by and I said "Hey Zak!". He looked an me and laughed (like "I'm not surprised anymore") and said "Hey Bjorn!".

We talked a bit. He likes doing this tour, it's going great and they're going back to the US after their UK dates.

He also regretted that The Who didn't play RAH, but he said that they would next year. Anyway, he sounded like they where eager to play, but not this year...

As always, he was very mellow and humble...

As for the show... I'd describe Johnny Marr's music as mellow psychedelic britpop... With a raw steady powerfull awesome drummer. Really, I stood in front of Zak and that was the only one I watched. Johnny Marr stood in the way a couple of times. :-)
It is not the kind of music I go crazy on, but I need to have some more mellow music for sunday morning... (really, I need to quit L@L, that stuff is too powerful!)

Zak really played hard & heavy. He was the wildest thing on stage anyway. I really like his drumming.

Anyway, some pics:

http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar/marr1.jpg
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar/marr2.jpg
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar/marr3.jpg
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar/marr4.jpg
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar/marr5.jpg
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar/marr6.jpg
http://www.warande.net/~ciggaar/marr7.jpg

Can the owner of zakstarkey.com e-mail me? (I have 134 more photo's, 4 of Johnny Marr, the rest of Zak) :-)

Bjorn

http://www.ba-da-bjorn.tk