Re: Drugs & RnR & The air up there

Kevin wrote:
>In a strange way, I want to be put out of my agony.

Mark followed with:
>I feel that way too. When they stop, they become legend. As long as
they're out >there, the odds of disgracing themselves escalate.

Part of me feels this way, but the other part of me feels that I do not
want to be a die-hard fan of anything that plays it safe.   As long as
they are out there, they are ALIVE.  That is the most inspiring thing
to me.  They're fighters.    Case in point:

- Roger probably goes out there when his voice is killing him,
- Roger's eye is swollen shut from Gary Glitter hitting him with a mic stand,
- Pete is bandaged up from impaling his hand on a whammy bar,
- Hell, Pete's ears probably still hurt him at times.

They are sucking it up where other people would pack it in.
I'll bet that Roger would do a vocal-only set if he had to.
These guys don't back down because of AGE or INJURY or DEATH.

I dig that!   They don't give a shit about their legacy.   They believe
in leaving it on the stage.

Every phase of this bands career has presented challenges that they have
stood up to.  They didn't always prevail, but they did NOT run for cover.

There is no disgrace here, just nobility.

Joe in Philly
Joe Lewinski
ICANON Associates, Inc.
Phone: 610-313-1850 x 115
Fax: 610-313-1848

NEWZware is a product of ICANON Inc. - Visit our web site at
http://www.icanon.com/ for more information on ICANON, the company, and its
suite of products and services.