Re: voice crack

In a message dated Thu, 26 Sep 2002 6:18:51 AM Eastern Standard Time, TheWho-Digest-Owner@igtc.com writes:

> Ooooh, that's cold man.  I think a voice-crack on a high
> note would be
> punishment enough.  "I'm freeEEEEE!!!"
>
> Peace brothers and sisters...
>
> Jim in Colo Springs

HAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!  See Jim, that's why I like you.  Never taking yourself too seriously.  The "I'm FrEEEE!!" part is actually very easy with no real chance for a voice crack.  My voice would only crack on a softer note, like "...waiting for you to follow mEEEE."  I have a backing vocalist singing with me on some parts as well.  We also added the MG jam, a la IOW, and I was able to pretty comfortably improvise some vocals.  FUN AS HELL!!  The "capt walker didn't come home..." intro sung to the opening of Sparks rocks as well.  Pete did it in Dallas and gave me the idea.

mc