Re: Dallas Review- it's long but worth the read

Thanks for your review of the Dallas show.  It was interesting, but I must
take issue with a couple of points:

In a message dated 9/22/02 10:54:41 PM Central Daylight Time,
Sroundtable@aol.com writes:

> Many empty seats, however.  Fuck Dallas, I say.  All the money in that town
> and they couldn't sell out for the greatest rock music ever made by the
> greatest performers ever born.  Ignorant Texans.

The place seemed full when The Who were on.  The empty sections were at the
very top level on the sides.  I don't think those were even opened up for
sale.  A friend of mine bought a single seat from Ticketmaster the day before
the show and ended up on the last row of the top level.  I beleive the other
"patchy" section in the area level was the "comp" section.  Remember, this
was a bigger venue than Reunion Arena, where they played in 2000.  Pete even
made some reference to it selling out.

>  I think his first words were fuck you to this asshole dude who wanted his
> t-shirt signed.  This moron ran over to the car and had to be restrained by
> security, and was almost shoving his t-shirt at Roger through the window.
> I'm glad he didn't give the autograph.

That reaction seems a little inappropriate and and uncharactaristic of Roger.
 I somewhat doubt if he said "fuck you" to the guy.  When Roger came out of
the back of the Cotton Bowl after the Dallas show in 1989, there was a mob of
fans and he signed for everyone (although by most accounts, he has become
less "cooperative" on recent tours).

Remember, not everyone loves The Who as much as we do.  Personally, I think
it behooves them to ingratiate themselves to the fans when it comes to
autographs, etc. when possible (just my opinion).   We know how great they
are, but the fact remains that (cynical mode on) this is a band down to two
original members, who have not released a new album in TWENTY years, who are
charging over $100 for tickets and still fill large arenas.   As much as we
appreceiate them, they should also be grateful that people show up.

   Another guy had taught his 3 yr old to windmill his arm and sing who are
you in order to
> get Pete's attention if he came by.  UGH!!  I think that disrespects the
> Who, but maybe I'm just being emotional.

Perhaps you are. That actually sounds kinda cute.  Anyway, I'm glad you
enjoyed the show and made it home safely......

Cheers,
Michael ("Ignorant" Texan)