Pete & Eddie, Roger Solo Questions

Hello,

Pete & Eddie:

I was recently listening to and watching an MPEG
of Pete and Eddie on David Letterman singing
Heart to Hang Onto.   It seems to me that Eddie
has most of the vocal qualities that Roger has
to compliment Pete's writing and vocal style.

Besides that fact that Eddie has performed with
all other surviving 60's & 70's musicians with
the exception of the Brady Kids, does anyone
think that Pete was seeking out someone like
Roger but with the baggage that Roger had?  Just thoughts!

Roger Solo Questions:

With all of this speculation about whether The Who will
record, continue, stop, etc., and the speculation about
a Pete solo project, I wonder if Roger is considering
a career without The Who in music, or just acting.

Has Roger ever performed solo playing a guitar?

Has anyone been to a Roger solo concert, besides DST
or the BRS?

What are his musical arrangements like.

Whereas Pete could stand there solo for 5 hours and play
acoustic guitar and I'd be happy as a clam to watch
and listen, I don't think that Roger could pull this
off nearly as well.

If I were offering advise to this collection of musicians
that currently play as The Who to maximize their:

1. musical impact on mankind,
2. earnings potential,
3. enjoy their importance and place in history

I would say the following:

1. give Pete anything he wants, including the feeling that
he is responsible for all their success.
1a. purchase Pete a faster racing sailboat.
1b. give Pete anything he wants.

2. form a corporation that includes favorable equity positions
for all members including Zak, Rabbit, {Pino/another bass player}
and perhaps Simon.
2a. completely sell out.  Merchandise, Merchandise, Sponsorships,
	 Sponsorships, blah, blah, blah...
2b. reserve 10% of the corporation stock and issue an IPO.  This way
fans can participate in the bands success, and it will allow a market
for musicians to come and go financially.  Note if a partner wants
to sell shares on the open market, they are still permitted to contribute
as a musician (like employees remain in their job even when they sell
company stock)

3. permit and encourage solo careers to continue.

4. call yourself The Townshend Brothers Band (TTBB) if Simon stays on
or some play on The Who.

5. above all, fuck what the critics have to say, keep playing.

Joe in Philly
Joe Lewinski
ICANON Associates, Inc.
Phone: 610-313-1850 x 115
Fax: 610-313-1848

NEWZware is a product of ICANON Inc. - Visit our web site at
http://www.icanon.com/ for more information on ICANON, the company, and its
suite of products and services.