Is this the last tour? - to album or not to album...

>Jon in MI
>Subject: Re: Is this the last tour?  - to album or not to album...
>
>Same here.  I get new thoughts after reading each response.  I have no
>feeling of side taking whatsoever, I just have my feeling and it does get
>influenced by being open to other's views.  I don't consider it wrong to
>think either way, it is just how we feel.

Good, we're on the same page.
Ahhhhh, respect for other's views.  What a wondrous thing.

>That's not what most*my* friends said.

Yeah, but your friends are a bunch of kooks!

>They said that those guys have alot
>of balls to do that and take care of their fans. Most bands would quit.
They
>really were impressed,

Funny, my non-who-fan friends who are in bands said the same thing.  Those
who aren't, thought the timing was wrong.....as did I.

>I don't know, maybe Michigan people ar just tough and
>Ohio people are sissies. (Just kidding Scott).

No he wasn't Scott !!!!!!!!!!!!

>>Can Pete be replaced?
>>What about Roger?

>No. and No.

I tend to agree with you.
But, I also put John in that category.
And, had I grown up at a time when I could have appreciated Keith (hated the
Who at first because my tender age only allowed me to like Elton John's
version of PW.  I thought The Who were a bunch of druggies.  I was right!!
And then I joined them! ;-) I think I would have put Keith in the same
category as well.

Without beating a dead horse, since I've just about stated everything I can
possibly say about this topic, I just have a bad feeling about doing a new
album as The Who.
It seems to diminish the family feel of the band.  Makes it more an
enterprise.  And, who knows, based on Pete's recent posts in his diary,
maybe that's what they are.
Is that a good thing?
I, personally, liked the family.  The Lifehouse.

And, BTW, a win in music is measured in soooo many different ways.  But
clearly can be measured.
Not a single person on this list could look me straight in the eyes and tell
me they wouldn't like to see The Who viewed the way The Beatles are...the
greatest band ever...the fab 4.
If you do, you're a liar or a supreme rationalizer.
To be a fan of a band that has suffered so many critical insults and
"curses", only to have them turn it around and come out on top is just sweet
revenge and "I told you so".
For the same band to instead suffer increased critical bashing is just
painful and a "here we go again".

And, no, don't put the dog down if he's still enjoying himself.  But, don't
go putting him in the show if he's limping on one leg, starts off with a
demerit, and doesn't have a chance to win.

So......*THERE*!   :-)

>Besides, Keith and John were ready to go and join Led Zeppelin until the
>money finally came in! ;)

Oh man, that's right!
FUCKING WANKERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
;-)
Hi Lori, you misguided Zep fan you!   :-D

Kevin in VT