Re: The Who Mailing List Digest V9 #260

Date: Mon, 09 Sep 2002 23:05:51 -0700
From: "An English Boy" <peter_dennis_blandford_townshend@hotmail.com>
Subject: Who->'s Met Who-> ..[was].. Re: Questions...
::snip::

After the film, we went to the notorious Rainbow Club, next to
The Roxy on the Sunset Strip where Moonie was known to hang out.

That's the infamous Rainbow Bar & Grill . There is a sign in the loft upstairs that commemorates the "Lair of the Hollywood Vampires". It lists the President as John Lennon, VP is Alice Cooper, Harry Nilsson is in there as an officer of some sort, and Keith Moon as Treasurer.

When I excitedly speak of having good seats to Entwistle's concert
the following week, he tells me that John is flying in the next day and spending the interim escapading around LA with him, staying at
his house in Malibu till the concert is over (HogFat headlined).

It's fairly well known that John hung out at the Rainbow a lot in the late 80's - early 90's. A red buzzard belonging to John is hung high up over the booths along with a photo.

So, that's my story as told almost 4 years ago. It's how it was,
it's my story and I'm stickin' to it.
Great story! I've been to the Rainbow quite a bit. I used to take a walk thru the dining area, then a loop thru the downstairs bar, then a loop upstairs, then back down and out to the patio with eyes peeled for John. Now, there isn't really a reason for me to go there anymore :(

cheers