To Album or Not to Album.....Questions...

>From: Keithjmoon70@aol.com
>Subject: Re: To Album or Not to Album.....
>
>If they don't do something new right now,  it won't matter anyway.

Disagree.  They would go out having kicked ass over the last 6 years,
particularly in the face of adversity.  We need to appreciate the *fact*
that The Who's reputation will already take a hit by simply continuing
without John.
How big a hit?  Time will tell.  We'll have to wait and see if the asshole
critics get play.

>The last 6
>years will have no consumation.

CFNY was the consummation.  That could have easily been the last hurrah and
sent our boys into history as the rightful kings they are.

>Then people will be right when they say that
>they are just living in the past.

Well, they are at the moment.  And, that's not such a bad thing BTW.

>There has been a proper build up to get
>back a fan base to do something further.  Then John died.  But...

But...
John died.
That changes lots of things whether we like it or not.
It's changed things.

>Pete and Roger have proved that they are more than half of the band.

Ouch.  I can't say that.
I *can* say that they have proven they are powerful performers, performing
music that has a life of it's own.

>Their
>backs were against the wall and they came through BIG.

They were great shows, and god bless 'em.  But, they could easily be the
"walking off into the sunset" shows.

>To be honest, I like
>the 2002 tour better than the 2000 tour.

That's cool, but I can't agree (I don't think).

>It is more intense

That's Pete and Roger being forced to rise to the occasion.
But take a look at how Pete struggled at various shows.
This tells me he was gritting his teeth to get through this nightmare of a
tour.  It's got to be like a bad dream that won't end and keeps forcing him
to suck it up against his will and perform at a level that normally isn't
needed.
I can't see him doing that after this tour.

>and Zak is far
>superior.

Zak is Da Monsta, but he was that way last tour too.  Practice may be making
perfect?

>Roger is better

Agreed.  Don't know what he did, but his voice was indeed sharper this go
round.

>Pete is better, Pete wants to be there

See above comments.
I don't know why, but I can't help but feel that Pete really doesn't know
*what* he wants at the moment, despite what he's written in his diary.

>and Pino
>sounds fabulous when you can hear him.

Can't argue with that, but..........he's not John, and doesn't bring John's
sound or expertise on the bass.

I hear you on all of this Jon.
I've stated in the past that to break this current band up would be a shame.
But, to continue as The Who seems strange.
Yeah, I know, to change the name would diminish things....

Are we looking at a lose-lose situation????

Check out the archives at www.igtc.com
Has the very first post from back in 1994.

>Has anyone on this list ever met Pete Townshend or Roger Daltrey and hung
>out?

I've met John! But hey, he was the easiest to meet.
You can read about it in the "who meets who" section of Emmy's web site at
www.doctorjimmy.com

>Is anyone here from out of the country?  What countries?

Out of what country?  ;-)
I've seen Brazil, Russia, The Netherlands, Germany, Spain, and others
represented.
Obviously have UK representation as well.

>Just curious.............
Poor cats.   ;-)

>From: Keithjmoon70@aol.com
>Subject: Re: Questions...
>
>I know that AEB has hung out with Keith Moon (!)
>I am still waiting to hear the details of this.

I want details too !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stay in tune,
Kevin in VT