Re: To Album or Not to Album.....

Kevin O'Neal wrote:

>Ahhhhhh, I'm so fucking torn on this it hurts.
>It will be the biggest and most BITTER pill of all time to release a new
>album NOW after waiting ALL THIS FUCKING TIME.  Why now????  Why not 5 years
>ago?  Why not 10 years ago??
>NOW???
>Now that John is gone??
>I don't know if I can see past the sparks of confusion and pain at the
>thought.
>My mind misfires when I think about it.  What kind of fucking sense does
>this make???
>And, I'm sorry, but I don't care about momentum anymore.
>A new album now will be hammered by those that set reputation by sheer
>repetitive vomiting of critical assholes.....I mean opinion.
>Having tracks with John on them will ease some of the pain.  But only SOME!
>Either way, it will be a head scratcher, and The Who's reputation will again
>be dragged through the mud.

The only analogy I have is from the world of sports.  It is entertainment,
and there are magical moments for sure, but you sometimes have a bad game,
road-trip or season.  The players also change, as does the complexion of
the team.  They may be a defensive oriented team with little flash on
offense.  They could be a finesse team or bullies.   Bottom line is the
hat or jersey you buy as a fan is a life-long emotional investment.  In the
end, the mascot and the rules are the only sources of continuity in sports.
People seem to need continuity and reliability.

With The Who, there will always be games or seasons that I'll cherish,
players and personalities, interviews and sometimes losses that I will
remember fondly and some not so fondly.   We have much more than a mascot
and rules to satisfy our need for continuity.  We have the MUSIC, the
TARGET, and thousands of different gestures from our favorite players.
Some of the music were hits, some were strike-outs, and many were home-runs.

I say that the team should continue regardless of WHO is on the mound
or WHO is at the plate.

Their reputation from those magical seasons is safe and secure.

"It's All Good"   - Billy Magik

Joe in Philly

Joe Lewinski
ICANON Associates, Inc.
Phone: 610-313-1850 x 115
Fax: 610-313-1848

NEWZware is a product of ICANON Inc. - Visit our web site at
http://www.icanon.com/ for more information on ICANON, the company, and its
suite of products and services.